Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What Does the "I" in IFMA mean?

Hello IFMA-Sac Community!

I wanted you to know that I have been selected to be on a International Task Force to "Define the focus of IFMA's international development strategy as it relates to the organization's member-centric culture as opposed to our products/services culture." There are nine of us on this TF.

This has been a passion of mine for many years, especially ten years ago when I was the IFMA Board Chairman. The profession of FM has been evolving differently around the globe and at different speeds, so it is appropriate for IFMA to establish a clear approach to growing the global membership and to provide the unique products and services that advance all these different member's careers.

Our first official meeting will be in Dallas next month at WWP, and I am looking forward to helping our association evolve as needed to meet the global challenges we are facing.

I will report some of the findings along the way as this TF proceeds. As always, I would love to hear any thoughts you may have about the "I" in IFMA, and promise to get back to any who offer some ideas or ask questions.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: